Wouldn’t it be great to live like this? Calm and peaceful. No one around to interrupt or bother you. Work doesn’t get in the way. Ever.
Unfortunately, anxiety is the most common mental health concern today. Nearly 20% of people are affected. Sometimes, talking to family or a good friend can help. Sometimes, more is needed.
So, What is Anxiety?
Anxiety includes some combination of:
- Excessive worry
- Difficulty controlling worry
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty sleeping
- Restlessness / on edge
- Easily tired
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Mind goes blank
- Changes at work
- Too much to do at work
- Medical diagnosis
- And More!
- Focus on problems, not solutions
- Looking to the future, not the present moment
- Worrying about future problems, not current actions
- Focus on what we cannot control
- And more!
What Can Help with Anxiety?
There are several things that can help. Individual counseling, couples counseling, and family counseling can be powerful. In all of these approaches, you will learn:
- Practical skills to manage anxiety
- Ways to proactively reduce what makes you anxious
- A deeper understanding of why you are anxious
- Steps to directly address this why
If you would like more information about how our counselors can help in your specific situation, contact us below, or call 717-219-5711: