When is the last time you were having one of those mornings. The air was cool. The bed was warm. You didn’t want to get out of bed.
Or maybe there is a lot going on at work – and home – and hobbies take a back seat.
Maybe you just got some bad news, and you aren’t feeling very happy.
All of these by themselves are normal. Talking with friends and family can help. But when they keep happening, it could be depression.
So, What is Depression?
- Feeling down
- No interest in previously fun things
- Weight loss/gain
- Slowed thoughts
- Slowed behavior
- A lack of energy or motivation
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking
- Difficulty making decisions
- Thinking about death or suicide
If you have several of these symptoms most of the day for most days of the week, you may be facing depression.
- Ongoing stress
- Uncomfortable circumstances
- Brain injury
- and More!
- Lack of hope
- Feeling worthless
- Feeling trapped
- Not knowing what to do next
- and More!
What can Help with Depression?
- Talking to friends or family
- Do things you used to enjoy
- Find a new hobby
- Make a plan on how to move forward
If these do not help – or help enough – talking to one of our counselors may be necessary. Individual counseling and online counseling can be very helpful in overcoming depression. Our counselors can help you:
- Find small steps to lead to big change
- Develop hope for yourself
- Address guilt
- Resolve the source of feeling worthless
If you would like more information about how our counselors can help in your specific situation, contact us below, or call 717-219-5711: