Family can be absolutely wonderful. Family can also be very frustrating and stressful. Sometimes both. At the same time. The question is, how do you navigate the stresses of your family?
Advice from a friend or another relative can help. Sometimes, though, that isn’t enough. Family counseling provides an objective, neutral perspective about your family. This leads to better communication, less arguments, and better behaved teenagers and children.
Family Counseling Can Help With:
- Addressing defiant behavior
- Conflict with teenagers
- Conflict with children
- Dealing with difficult family members
- Helping a child with autism
- Helping a family member through their struggles
- And more!
Your Family Counselor:
- Listens – We listen to the concerns of each family member
- Sets goals – We work with you to set goals for the family
- Is direct – We identify roadblocks to success and directly address them
- Motivates for progress – We help take the next steps forward
- Refers – Sometimes individual counseling may be helpful for one or more family members. When this happens, you will be provided with an appropriate referral – whether that is another counselor here or with another provider
- Values confidentiality – Everything you say stays in the room with your counselor. Your friends or family wont know you see a counselor unless you tell them. There are only 1 or 2 legally required exceptions to this (your counselor can explain these to you)
To schedule an appointment, call 717-219-5711 or use the form below.
Schedule Initial Appointment